Lins Fire Brand

Lins Fire Brand

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

LJ HOLMES PRESENTS FROZEN


LJ PRESENTS FROZEN by Kat Holmes

Artica in the land of perpetual ice and Winter...


 Beautiful in its starkness...



Brilliant in its majestic fluidity...

It's elegant crannies and regal nooks...

Forever changing...

Forever the same...

And forever mine...

I am Awni, Queen of Artica...

I am the land, and the land is me,

I am the cold, and my heart beat gives life to the land...

I am Awni, daughter of the Ice God Tichi...

Untouchable by mere mortals...they die should they try...

Alone in my splendor, observer of warmth and passion...

I am Awni, skin of blue, heart of a Goddess, and spirit aching for what I can never have...



...or can I?

I am Awni and my story will be told...

Frozen,

by Kat Holmes, cover by Muse Publishing's Cover Art Goddess, Delilah K. Stephans is due for release on April 1st 2011, and is the first in the Artica Lights...

Series...

from the Muse It Hot branch of the Muse Publishing House.

To learn more CLICK HERE to go to the Muse It Hot Website

and for the Muse It Hot Blog..

You can also learn more about Kat Holmes and the other stories she has coming your way by CLICKING HERE to go to her website...and HERE for her blog.


And remember at Muse we are:
~Building the Team to Achieve the Dream~

Okay...I'm really bad, but so darned excited and in love with Kat's work in progress, I want to give you all a clue...here's the star of Kat's WIP...can you guess what her story is?


12 comments:


Roseanne Dowell said...
gorgeous! I love the pictures and the book sounds fascinating.
Charlie said...
What a creative way to introduce your charcter. Love it. You can make the cold look so beautiful...Great job.
Kat said...
I love it! Thank you Mom for doing such a great job on Awni and her story. You brought my heroine to life.
Lin said...
I am glad you're pleased, Kat. Introducing Awni and Artica to the world and having you like what I did means the world to me. I am so looking forward to your Artica Lights Series, and Awni is fantastic.
N.J.Walters said...
Love the cover blog! And the story sounds fascinating.
Kat said...
Thanks N.J. My mom does awesome cover blogs. She'll be doing one for you soon.:-)
Lin said...
Thanks for the praise Charlie. Kat has created an amazing new world and Awni is a queen and goddess daughter that is going to capture the hearts of all who read her story. Ro, I have been collecting pics for Kat's FROZEN story since she began writing it. One of the advantage in doing cover blogs for her is I get to read her works while they are in progress. I already have tons of pics for the first in her next series which she is still working on...and is the polar opposite from Awni. The differe4nce between doing a cover blog for Kat and for anyone else is I know what Kat's vision is. I also know how much information to use in my cover blog so I am introducing Awni and Artica, but you really do not have a clue what is going to happen between the opening page and the final page of her story. You KNOW the lights are important...but do you know why and/or how? You KNOW no mortal lives who touches Awni's skin, which tells you she is alone...different...and aching...but what will happen to give her her dream? There are no other Gods in her land except her Father...she cannot be touched by a mortal...the ligths are important...but how? Her land depends on her wellbeing to survive, for she is the land and the land is her. How will it survive if she aches with despair? Kat, my cherished daughter, you are an a amazing writer. I LOVE Artica and am so in awe of your creating Awni and Tichi...PLUS I know what your next series is about and I am equally in awe of your creating THAT reality. I think the world is about to fall in love with all things Kat Holmes presents...I know I have...some, admittedly more than others...but that is not because your writing hasn't swept me away...it's because some themes are just more than this old Mom's heart can handle. N.J. I PROMISE you, you are going to LOVE Awni and like me want more of the icy world of Artica with its lights. Delilah did such a fantastic job with Kat's cover for FROZEN...although she incorporated them in the cover, can you find the lights? Delilah did such a fantastic job of placing them with such understated elegance they are easy to miss.
Kat said...
Thanks Mom. I have one more book to revise and get off and then it's back to my WIP. I promise, I will get this story done within the next couple weeks. And yes, Delilah's cover just blew me away. Especially Awni's eyes. And I love the clever way she incorporated the lights but made them so subtle.
S.Durham said...
Lin, lovely and evocative! Congratulations Kat, I can't wait to read this one. Sara
Karen McGrath said...
Beautiful Lin & Kat! Sounds wonderful!
Daphne said...
Hey, I was wondering where that 'naked ice queen'-picture came from. I live in Holland, and I'm throwing a party named Winterwonderland. We'd like to use that picture for our flyer, but we don't know if we kan. Who should I ask?
Lin said...
Daphne, I got the picture by Googling ICE QUEENS. It didn't appear on a sight that suggested it was copyrite protected. I never use photos that are because as a writer, the last thing I would want anyone else to do is pirate my work, so I am not about to pirate theirs. If there had been any kind of a disclaimer from the site Google took me to to get that pic, believe me it would ahve been passed by. Hope that helps.

1 comment:

Kaye Manro said...

These are lovely pictures, Lin. You do awesome cover blogs as Kat says. You should do book covers too!

Frozen is such a wonderful tale, filled with beauty as well as pain. Those who read it will forever love it.

(If that last photo about her wip is the dancer, I'm in!)